Who We Are
The Newcastle Upon Tyne District is situated in the North East of England and is comprised of 12 circuits. The District comprises the northern part of County Durham, Tyne and Wear, all of Northumberland and part of the Scottish Borders. It covers an area 90 miles north to south and 50 miles east to west.
Circuits, Churches and Projects
Revd. Stephen Lindridge became Chair of District on the 1st September 2015 following on from Revd. Leo Osborn. As a Methodist Presbyter of 21yrs, he has become a passionate encourager, reflective thinker, gentle evangelist, prayerful eclectic and naturally ecological.
The aim of the Newcastle upon Tyne District of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of God’s love in Christ and to work in partnership with others to fulfill Our Calling. The District will seek to support, encourage, challenge and equip Circuits, Local Churches and individuals to:
- Underpin all activities with God-centred worship and prayer
- Promote a culture in the Church which is people-centred and flexible
- Make and nurture disciples who have confidence in speaking about their faith and in engaging in evangelism
- Engage in community development, acts of loving service and action for justice
- Venture into fresh ways of being church
Loving God, Serving People, Making Disciples
News and Events
Coming to support and encourage the District in their mission statement; Loving God, Serving Others, Making Disciples is a great privilege and a significant calling. So Pray always for God’s Spirit to help us to be fruitful in the ministry of Jesus Christ.Stephen Lindridge